I greet you once again in the Name of Jesus!
In this post I want to look at a couple of different things, and try and put some of the pieces together on this current line of teaching. This series is titled, “The Days of Noah.” One of our principle biblical texts has been Matthew 24:37, “But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” [Matthew 24:37 NKJV] I believe Jesus was saying that we can look at how things were in the days of Noah, and determine what we can expect to see in the time of the return of the Lord. One of the things we will see is covered in verses 38 and 39 of that opening, “For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” [Matthew 24:38, 39 NKJV]
In other words, people will be going about their lives business as usual, completely oblivious to the fact that they are on a crash course with judgment, speeding toward eternity and their appointment before the God of the universe. But as we have pointed out, there is more. There are greater implications in Jesus’ words. We said that one would have to look at conditions in the days of Noah, and to do that, you have to go to Genesis 6. By way of review, lets go back to Genesis 6. Genesis 6:5 says,
“Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” [Genesis 6:5 NKJV] What are some of the things we see here:
- Widespread wickedness – Wickedness translates the Hebrew, ra or ra ah which is bad or evil, or even a malignancy. Wickedness covered the earth like a spiritual cancer, affecting all of humanity. Verse 5 says this wickedness was, “great”, which translates the Hebrew, rab, “abounding in.”
- Evil thoughts – “Imaginations” in the KJV speaks of not only thoughts, but plans as well. So in the days of Noah people were imagining, planning, and coming up with wicked schemes continually.
Not only that, but Genesis 6:11 – 13 says, “The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.” [Genesis 6:11 – 13 KJV] Lets break this down a bit as well:
- The whole earth was corrupt – “Corrupt” translates the Hebrew, shachath, which is, “destroy, go to ruin, be rotted, to pervert.” The widespread wickedness covering the earth had corrupted, ruined, and rotted the earth. This is moral corruption and perversion in this context.
- Was filled – “Filled” translates the Hebrew, male, or mala, it is to fill or make full. It has both a spatial and abstract use. Spatially, it speaks of filling something that had not been filled such previously, and in the abstract it means to fill with something like violence, in a widespread sense.
- Violence – Interestingly, this is the Hebrew, hamas, and yes it is pronounced exactly like the Islamic Resistance Movement, the Palestinian Sunni-Islamic fundamentalist organization. Coincidence? I don’t think so. This particular Hebrew word appears elsewhere in the Old Testament to describe a wide range of crimes, including unjust treatment (Gen. 16:5; Amos 3:10), injurious legal testimony (Deut. 19:16), deadly assault (Gen. 49:5), murder (Judges 9:24), and rape (Jeremiah 13:22). In the days of Noah the earth was filled with all of these things and more. Guess what? The earth is filled with all of these things today.
- This corruption, this moral rot, and widespread evil, captured the attention of God – verse 12 could be translated, “And God saw how corrupt the earth was.” This widespread evil and corruption captured God’s attention. He saw it. He sees it today too. Even though we are in the dispensation of grace, God takes notice of the evil in the earth. Judgment will come.
- All flesh was corrupt – Since moral corruption is in view here, most western interpreters have assumed this is a reference to only humanity. It is actually broader than that however. The phrase, “all flesh” is used consistently of humankind and the animals in Genesis 6 – 9 (6:17, 19; 7:15, 16, 21; 8:17; 9:11, 15 – 17), this suggests that the author is saying that all living creatures, both human and animals, were guilty of moral failure and were therefore corrupt. This would explain why both humans and animals were subject to divine judgment.
Someone might say here, “Wait a minute Pastor Kevin. Animals aren’t accountable before God. They’re dumb animals!” Really? It might interest you to know that sometimes in the OT animals are viewed as morally culpable (See Gen. 9:5; Exodus 21:28, 29; Jonah 3:7, 8). Not only that, the OT teaches that a person’s sin can contaminate others (people and animals) in the sinful person’s sphere of influence (see the story of Achan, especially Joshua 7:10). So even the animals were contaminated through their association with humans. Quite a picture is emerging here. In the days of Noah then, there was:
An earth filled with wickedness
All flesh (human and animal) corrupted
What opened the floodgate of evil for all of this to come into the earth-realm? Genesis 6:1, 2, “And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.” [Gen. 6:1, 2 KJV] What do we see here? We see, I submit to you, a breach of God’s established order. There was never to be inter-marriage between human women and divine beings, angels. Yet, with this incursion of the “Sons of God” , God’s institution of marriage was redefined, which was designed and established by God to be between a man and a woman, a human man and woman.
So, in the days of Noah one of the things we saw was a redefining of marriage, relationships, and the family. With that, a flood of evil was released in the earth, which eventually led to a deluge of water that destroyed all life on earth, with the exception of Noah and his family, and the animals on the ark.
Perhaps you haven’t thought of this before, but this inter-marriage between angels and human women, and the offspring born to them, the Nephilim, also redefined what it meant to be human. These children born to these weird unions weren’t human, and they weren’t angelic. They were a hybrid race. You might be interested to know that there is a movement growing in momentum and popularity, that is seeking to redefine what it means to be human in the modern world through technology. This movement is known as transhumanism, or the transhumanist movement. If you were to Google this term you would find many interesting and disturbing articles online concerning it.
Wikipedia.org offers the following on this emerging movement, “Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international and intellectual movement that aims to transform the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies to greatly enhance human intellect and physiology.” [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism] This movement in seeking to enhance humans, is in essence seeking to redefine what it means to be human. It is important to understand that transhumanism is the final piece of the puzzle to bring in a Luciferian New World Order. Someone says, “A what?”
There is a movement to bring about the establishment of a new world order, which would involve a one-world government, currency, and religion, all operated under the auspices of a one-world leader. Paul-Henri Spaak, the first President of the United Nations, even though there is some debate as to the legitimacy of this quote, is alleged to have said, “We do not want another committee, we have too many already. What we want is a man of sufficient stature to hold the allegiance of all the people and to lift us out of the economic morass into which we are sinking. Send us such a man, and whether he be God or devil, we will receive him.” Those who are calling for the New World Order (NWO), are definitely leaning more to the devil side of this.
In fact, David Spangler, director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations said, “No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation.” These folks are dead serious about all of this. In fact, over the past century, the Elite have been influencing key world leaders and initiating them into luciferianism. From the United Nations to the Bohemian Grove, the signature of paganism and luciferianism can be seen. All of this gets really involved, not to mention really bizarre, so I am not going to attempt an exhaustive treatment of this material. I will say there are some great researchers, Dr. Micheal Lake, Dr. Tom Horn, Josh Peck, and others who have done extensive research into all of this, and I highly recommend their work to you.
If you sift this down though, and peel back the esoteric layers, you find that these people are spending literally billions of dollars to continue the unfinished work of Nimrod in the plains of Shinar. The issue with Nimrod’s building program was not its height. In other words, God did come down to confuse the languages at Babel to halt the building of an ancient skyscraper. No, the issue was their reason in building, and what they intended to accomplish. We get a hint of that in the ancient book of Jasher. Let me quickly say that I understand this book is not in the Canon of Scripture. Researchers however have long recognized the historical value of this book (and others), given its place of prominence in the early church, and that it is referenced twice in the Old Testament (Joshua 10:13 and 1 Samuel 1:18). Regarding the building project of Nimrod, the Book of Jasher says,
“22 And they all went before the king, and they told the king these words, and the king agreed with them in this affair, and he did so.
23 And all the families assembled consisting of about six hundred thousand men, and they went to seek an extensive piece of ground to build the city and the tower, and they sought in the whole earth and they found none like one valley at the east of the land of Shinar, about two days’ walk, and they journeyed there and they dwelt there.
24 And they began to make bricks and burn fires to build the city and the tower that they had imagined to complete.
25 And the building of the tower was unto them a transgression and a sin, and they began to build it, and whilst they were building against the Lord God of heaven, they imagined in their hearts to war against him and to ascend into heaven.
26 And all these people and all the families divided themselves in three parts; the first said We will ascend into heaven and fight against him; the second said, We will ascend to heaven and place our own gods there and serve them; and the third part said, We will ascend to heaven and smite him with bows and spears; and God knew all their works and all their evil thoughts, and he saw the city and the tower which they were building.
27 And when they were building they built themselves a great city and a very high and strong tower; and on account of its height the mortar and bricks did not reach the builders in their ascent to it, until those who went up had completed a full year, and after that, they reached to the builders and gave them the mortar and the bricks; thus was it done daily.
28 And behold these ascended and others descended the whole day; and if a brick should fall from their hands and get broken, they would all weep over it, and if a man fell and died, none of them would look at him.” [Book of Jasher 9:22 – 28 translated from Hebrew into English published by J.H. Parry and Company 1887]
This is amazing. According to the book of Jasher, Nimrod and the people were planning to lead a coup against God Himself! Other researchers have seen the possibility of Nimrod trying to reconnect with the watchers of Genesis 6. In fact, there is some evidence that through some forbidden watcher technology, Nimrod was tampering with his DNA to actually become one of the watchers! In Genesis 10:8, we see something interesting,
“And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.” [Genesis 10:8 KJV] I want to look at the Hebrew word translated, began in this verse. It is the Hebrew, yalad, an ancient root word that had to do with child birth, begetting children, to act as a midwife, or to show lineage. What did Nimrod begin to be? A mighty one. Mighty one, translates the Hebrew, gibbor – a tyrant, warrior, mighty man, giant. This same Hebrew masculine noun is also one of the descriptives used of the giants of Genesis 6:4. Was Nimrod, through some sort of genetic engineering or a retrovirus of demonic design that integrates with a host’s genome and rewrites the living specimen’s DNA, transforming into a nephilim giant? Some researchers say yes, others no. You can find an in-depth article by Dr. Tom Horn that delves into this possibility right here. It does appear that something happened to Nimrod, and he certainly is an Old Testament type of the future Antichrist.
Something else the ancient book of Jasher reveals to us is that the watchers were actually tampering with animals, and blending species.
“And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.” [Jasher 4:18] We get a hint of this going on in the book of Enoch (1 Enoch) as well.
“And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another’s flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.” [1 Enoch 7:5b, 6]
Do we see things like this going on today? Do we see the blending of species occurring in the 21st Century? The shocking answer is, yes!
- A 2004 Washington Post story discussed how scientists are debating the possibility of blending species.
- Here is a link to a New York Times story covering how scientists debate the ethical issues of blending species, animal and human. Find the story here
- NBC News.com ran a story entitled, “Scientists create animals that are part human”.
- MIT Technology review has a story on their web site, “Human-animal chimeras are gestating on U.S. Research farms.”
I am linking these stories so you know I am not making this stuff up. This is “Days of Noah” stuff, and it is happening in modern times. All of this points to the fact, I submit to you, that we are indeed living in the time of the end. This all goes so much deeper than I was able to go in this post. I urge to do your own research. I am going to list some books I recommend for this:
- “Forbidden Gates” by Tom and Nita Horn
- “The Shinar Directive” by Dr. Michael Lake
- “The Sheeriyth Imperative” by Dr. Michael Lake
Check out these resources if you can. Next time I want to delve into the second thing I want to emphasize. What are the characteristics we see in the life of Noah that we need to emulate in these last days? Join us then if you can.
Until next time,
Pastor Kevin E. Johnson